What Is Included In A Free Vehicle History Report? A vehicle history report (VHR), also referred to as a VIN check, VIN number check, or VIN lookup, is a detailed document that provides vehicle information about the history of a particular car, boat, truck or RV. In order to obtain a VHR to verify a car’s history, you’ll need to know your vehicle identification number (VIN).
The information you receive is limited to basic things such as recalls and customer complaints. A typical report includes:
- Past vehicle ownership information
- Current financial liens held on the vehicle
- Vehicle maintenance history (reported by the dealer)
- Title history blemishes or alerts
- Faulty or questionable odometer settings
- Determination of any flood damage
- Vehicle accident history
- Car title check.
- Lemon vehicle information
- Airbag deployments
- Current recalls
If you want a vehicle’s accident or lien history or a stolen vehicle check, you’ll have to pay for that information.
What Are Other Names For A Free Vehicle History Report? There are many names describing the initial lookup of a Vehicle Identification Number – these include:
- Free VIN checks or free VIN check
- Free vehicle history reports or free vehicle history report
- Free VIN number lookups or free Vehicle Identification Number number lookup
- Free VIN number checks or free Vehicle Identification Number check
- Free VIN number search or free Vehicle Identification Number search
- Free VIN number decoder or decode Vehicle Identification Number for free